IBPS : Recruitment 2023
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS)
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection(IBPS): Job Opportunities
IBPS(SO) Recruitment Process and Notifications
Before applying online, interested candidates should read the full job notification.
Some Important and Useful Links
Fill the Below Form for Getting Latest Update About This Notification
IBPS official website
Banking Mock Test
Sarkari Result Mock Test
IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is an autonomous organization in India that conducts recruitment exams for various public sector banks, regional rural banks, and other financial institutions. The main objective of IBPS is to assess the aptitude and skills of candidates for various job roles in the banking and financial sector.
IBPS conducts a range of exams, including the Probationary Officer (PO), Clerk, Specialist Officer (SO), and Regional Rural Bank (RRB) exams. These exams are held annually, and candidates can apply online through the IBPS website.
The IBPS exams are highly competitive, and candidates need to prepare thoroughly to crack them. The exams typically consist of multiple-choice questions on subjects such as reasoning, quantitative aptitude, English language, and general awareness. Candidates who qualify in the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the mains exam, followed by an interview.
Preparing for IBPS exams requires dedication, hard work, and time management skills. Candidates can refer to various study materials and resources, including previous years' question papers, mock tests, and online study materials, to prepare effectively for the exams. Coaching institutes and online learning platforms also offer guidance and support to candidates appearing for IBPS exams.
IBPS SO stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Specialist Officer. It is an exam conducted by the IBPS for the recruitment of candidates for the post of Specialist Officers in various public sector banks in India.
The IBPS SO exam is conducted once a year, and candidates can apply online through the IBPS website. The exam is held in two stages, i.e., the preliminary exam and the mains exam. The preliminary exam consists of objective-type questions on reasoning, English language, and general awareness. The mains exam consists of objective-type questions on professional knowledge and a descriptive test of English language.
The IBPS SO exam is held for various specialized positions, including IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, Law Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, and Marketing Officer. Candidates need to have a degree in the relevant field to apply for the exam.
To prepare for the IBPS SO exam, candidates can refer to various study materials and resources, including previous years' question papers, mock tests, and online study materials. Coaching institutes and online learning platforms also offer guidance and support to candidates appearing for the exam.
Candidates who qualify in the IBPS SO exam are called for an interview by the participating banks. The final selection of candidates is based on their performance in the mains exam and interview.
IBPS SO Eligibility
To be eligible for the IBPS SO exam, candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Age Limit: The age limit varies for different posts, and candidates should check the official notification for the same. Generally, the age limit for IBPS SO exam is between 20 to 30 years.
- Educational Qualification: The educational qualification varies for different posts, and candidates should check the official notification for the same. Generally, candidates need to have a degree in the relevant field, such as IT, Agriculture, Law, HR/Personnel, Marketing, etc.
- Work Experience: For certain posts, such as Law Officer and HR/Personnel Officer, candidates need to have work experience in the relevant field.
- Language Proficiency: Candidates need to be proficient in the official language of the state they are applying for.
Candidates should note that the eligibility criteria may vary slightly for different participating banks, and they should check the official notification of each bank before applying for the exam. It is important to ensure that the candidate meets all the eligibility criteria before applying for the IBPS SO exam, as failing to meet any of the criteria can lead to disqualification.
The salary and pay scale for IBPS SO may vary depending on the participating bank and the post for which the candidate is selected. However, in general, the pay scale for IBPS SO ranges from Rs. 23,700 to Rs. 42,020.
In addition to the basic pay, IBPS SOs are also entitled to various allowances, including Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Medical Allowance, and Travel Allowance. The amount of these allowances may also vary depending on the bank and the location of posting.
The approximate salary structure for IBPS SO post-wise is as follows:
- IT Officer: The starting salary for an IT Officer is around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month.
- Agricultural Field Officer: The starting salary for an Agricultural Field Officer is around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month.
- Rajbhasha Adhikari: The starting salary for a Rajbhasha Adhikari is around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month.
- Law Officer: The starting salary for a Law Officer is around Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 40,000 per month.
- HR/Personnel Officer: The starting salary for an HR/Personnel Officer is around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month.
- Marketing Officer: The starting salary for a Marketing Officer is around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month.
It should be noted that the salary may vary slightly depending on the bank and the location of posting. However, IBPS SO is a well-paying job in the banking sector, and it offers good growth opportunities and career progression.