BPSC: Bihar Public Service Commission | About | Apply Online| News
The Indian Constitution established the Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) to choose candidates for civil service positions in the Indian state of Bihar based on their qualifications.
According to the history of the Indian Constitution, the idea of holding competitive exams for the appointment to specific positions was first considered in 1853. In 1854, a committee was established under the leadership of Lord Macaulay to give the idea some shape. The Central Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commissions were later established by the Government of India Act 1935. Following its separation from the Commission for the States of Orissa and Madhya Pradesh, the Bihar Public Service Commission was established on April 1, 1949, in accordance with subsection (1) of Section 261 of the Government of India Act 1935, as adapted. The Constitution of India was promulgated on January 26, 1950, establishing its constitutional status. Article 315 of the Indian Constitution designates it as a constitutional body. The Bihar Public Service Commission began serving the state of Bihar and has its main office in Ranchi. On March 1, 1951, the Commission's administrative center was finally moved from Ranchi to Patna by the State Government. Shri Rajandhari Sinha served as the first chairman of the Bihar Public Service Commission. The first Secretary of the Commission was Shri Radha Krishna Choudhary. The Bihar Public Service Commission (Conditions of Service) Regulations, 1960 were created by the State of Bihar in accordance with the authority granted to it by Article 318 of the Indian Constitution, and they replaced the regulation that was made public with the Appointment Department's notification number A-2654 dated March 31, 1953.
BPSC Contact Details :
- Address: 15, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Bailey Road, Patna – 800001
- Official Website: http://bpsc.bih.nic.in and https://onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in/main/home
- Phone: 0612-2215795 and +91-9297739013
BPSC Syllabus for different exams
Syllabus for Combined Competitive (Preliminary & Mains) Exam
Syllabus for Judicial Examination
Syllabus - Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code
Syllabus - Assistant. Director-cum-DPRO Competitive Examination
Syllabus - Home Science for CDPO Exam
Syllabus - Asstt. Prof in GEC and Lecturers in GP/GWP
Apply Online Link For BPSC Recruitment Exams:
How To register online for BPSC on the BPSC portal ?
- Candidates must submit their online applications before the deadline specified in the notification for the BPSC exam's preliminary stage.
- For BPSC Pre, the online application fee is Rs 150 for candidates who are SC, ST, PWD, or women.
- Even though applicants must complete a different form if they pass the preliminary round, the selection of the optional subject for the main round must be made on the preliminary application form.
- Candidates must first access the official BPSC website to complete the exam registration process.
- After registering, candidates can pay the fee online the following day.
- After paying the fee, candidates must complete the online application the following day.
- The BPSC will not consider any requests to change the information that candidates put on the application form.
- Candidates must confirm their email address and mobile phone number.
The candidates should write down their user name and password generated during the registration process.
- Additionally, candidates must upload scanned copies of their ID photo and signature (in Hindi and English).
- Candidates should log in once more and select "Download Filled Application Section" from the dashboard after submitting their online application for the BPSC prelims.
- Download the completed form, then print two copies for your records.
The BPSC notification should be consulted by candidates for all exam-related information.
- Candidates who advance from the preliminary round must complete another form.
The main stage application fee is Rs 750 for general category candidates and Rs 200 for SC/ST, PWD, and women candidates.
The preliminary application will pre-populate the application form with the majority of the data.
- Candidates must complete and download the application form.
- Candidates must print out the Mains form and attach copies of their certifications and mark sheets that have undergone self-attestation. Candidates must submit the hard copy of their Mains application, along with a payment receipt, to the Bihar Public Service Commission before the deadline specified in the BPSC notification, after signing at the designated locations.
- Candidates should read the BPSC Mains notification for more details.